Tuesday, July 28, 2009
I am not a "birther" but...
This story recently picked up new life. Barack Obama either can't or won't take the steps to kill the story. He could do so by doing this:
1961 is only 47 years ago. Hawaii became a state in 1959. I cannot believe that vital paper records from that time were destroyed without being microfilmed or scanned. ancestry.com claims to have 200 years of records for the United States.
I doesn't pass the smell test for me. The only evidence that might be authenticated to 1961 is a birth announcement published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961. This announcement discovered in July 2008, to use the cliche, raises more questions that it answers. The Obama File
Upddate:I agree with commenter Kevin. I think BOH may have left this one hang on the vine as bait for its ability to distract and divide his opposition.
posted by Patrick Sweeney at 7:32 PM Permalink
Monday, July 27, 2009
Conservatives need to seize the day
Hugh Hewitt laid down a specific agenda for conservatives to apply to the Republican Party leadership. This is my summary of it:
1. Where allowed by law, make all open primaries closed.
2. Make the states where the Republican candidate won by the smallest margin and the state where the Republican candidate lost by the smallest margin the first two states to have a Republican presidential primary.
3. Ignore Democratically-controlled dinosaur media, and use to the greatest extent talk radio, Fox, and the internet.
4. Do not let candidates compromise conservative principles to pick off moderates and undecideds. That is the path that only losing candidates have taken.
5. A positive campaign emphasizing personal liberty and limited government is a win.
If we have a repeat of 2008 and a "reach across the aisle" candidate, we repeat the loss.
posted by Patrick Sweeney at 11:33 AM Permalink